Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No convergence at diffraction edge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Howdy, COMSOL'ers!

I am performing a frequency scan of scattering parameters off a periodic structure of a 6um pitch. My solution does not converge only exactly at 6um--at 5.99 and 6.01um there is convergence. So it seems only at the exact diffraction edge I cannot solve the problem. I am more concerned about what happens once I start off-normal incidence sweeps, and I do not exactly know where (spectrally) the diffraction edge occurs--I do not want an intensive sweep to error out mid-way!

So far, I have refined the mesh beyond expectation and adjusted the port length (for launching the TM wave and capturing far-field scattering), with no luck. I deleted/recreated the solver to ensure there are no residual geometrical errors. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

-Bryan

0 Replies Last Post 3 lug 2013, 17:03 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bryan Adomanis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.