Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Empty parameter list

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm beginner to COMSOL and I'm modeling hyperthermia cancer treatment with magnetic nano particles. I'm using bioheat transfer for the body cells, mixture model for modeling nano particle mixture in the body, and electromagnetic waves to generate magnetic field in the nano particles.

when I press compute, the error "empty parameter list in stationary solution appears.

I don't know how to solve this problem and how to be sure that the modules are perfectly coupled.

help me please.

6 Replies Last Post 29 ago 2013, 18:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Atiye Yousefi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 ago 2013, 18:23 GMT-4
Hi atieye,

Go to the model library and under heat transfer module you will find medical technology, open the example on microwave cancer therapy. Its like what you are looking for.

good luck
navid
Hi atieye, Go to the model library and under heat transfer module you will find medical technology, open the example on microwave cancer therapy. Its like what you are looking for. good luck navid

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 ago 2013, 08:50 GMT-4
I think you will have to check the equations you are working with. See what parameters(material properties) you need to solve those equations and check in material properties if you have entered some values for those parameters or not. Once you provide values to those parameters, you should not get this error.

Rajesh Sharma
rks.9690@gmail.com
I think you will have to check the equations you are working with. See what parameters(material properties) you need to solve those equations and check in material properties if you have entered some values for those parameters or not. Once you provide values to those parameters, you should not get this error. Rajesh Sharma rks.9690@gmail.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 ago 2013, 02:53 GMT-4
Thanks to you Navid and Rajesh,
this error is now solved but now there is another problem.
When I press compute, each time COMSOL gives me a different contour even though I have not changed anything. I mean the 1st time, the temperature starts from 27 and ends at 160 degrees and the next time it starts from 37 and ends at 170 degrees.
Also derived values are random and don't make any sense.

Can you please help me with this error, it's driving me crazy
Thanks to you Navid and Rajesh, this error is now solved but now there is another problem. When I press compute, each time COMSOL gives me a different contour even though I have not changed anything. I mean the 1st time, the temperature starts from 27 and ends at 160 degrees and the next time it starts from 37 and ends at 170 degrees. Also derived values are random and don't make any sense. Can you please help me with this error, it's driving me crazy

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 ago 2013, 03:25 GMT-4
are you testing transient situation in this case make sure you have the same time on the plots. It doesn't make sense to get different values. Did you get the convergence? are you using external file as SAR (specific generation heat)?
BR
navid
are you testing transient situation in this case make sure you have the same time on the plots. It doesn't make sense to get different values. Did you get the convergence? are you using external file as SAR (specific generation heat)? BR navid

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 ago 2013, 03:28 GMT-4
I got the convergence, I have a time dependent step and an stationary one, can I email my model for you perhaps there is sth wrong with my version of COMSOL !!??
I got the convergence, I have a time dependent step and an stationary one, can I email my model for you perhaps there is sth wrong with my version of COMSOL !!??

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 ago 2013, 18:27 GMT-4
sure, my email is manuch1@umbc.edu
sure, my email is manuch1@umbc.edu

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.