Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unresponsive and slow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol developers,

I am experiencing slow response when selecting 1D plot group and/or export nodes. It appears that Comsol is calculating the plot every time I select the node, which completely blocks any further action for 10-20 seconds. I can see from windows task manager that the CPU load from Comsol goes to 50% in that time, so something is definitely happening.

For now, what I am doing is to disable all plots groups until I need them and then only activate them if necessary. Unfortunately, I sometimes forget this and the 10-20 seconds of "penalty" is starting to get the better of me. Is there a way to circumvent this in the settings?

Looking forward for your support,
Tobias D. Elmøe

1 Reply Last Post 25 lug 2013, 06:51 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 lug 2013, 06:51 GMT-4
You can this behavior in Options > Preferences > Results or for a single model by selecting the Results node and unchecking "Automatic update of plots".
You can this behavior in Options > Preferences > Results or for a single model by selecting the Results node and unchecking "Automatic update of plots".

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.