Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D electrocoalescence with multiple inlets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I have based my simulation on the electrocoalescence example except I have two phases coming in at the inlet. As such I have defined an explicit boundary selection for each inlet phase and have two separate inlet boundary conditions for each phase. The velocity of each phase is the same but the Vf edit field is different in each case. I have tried different combinations of 1, -1 and 0 and none of them seem to work. I am getting the error

failed to evaluate variable jacobian tpf.Vf2 in domain 1 and I think my inlet boundary conditions may be the source of this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a copy of my mph file.

0 Replies Last Post 1 ago 2013, 14:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sarah Nangle

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.