Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Store part of solution for next run

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi:

I have 2D and 3D models of the same experiment which are in the same file. I would like to do two things:

1) Store the solution of the 3D run and store seperately the data from a "cutplane".
2) Use the "cutplane" data as an input for my 2D model.

Is this possible to do in COMSOL? Any help from the community is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sri.

1 Reply Last Post 8 ago 2013, 17:06 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 ago 2013, 17:06 GMT-4
Just in-case someone is looking for the same solution, COMSOL already has fucntionality which addresses this problem. Using general extrusions will solve the problem. Use a general extrusion which takes the x,y velocity from the 3D model and maps it onto the 2D model where I solve the e-chem equations.
Just in-case someone is looking for the same solution, COMSOL already has fucntionality which addresses this problem. Using general extrusions will solve the problem. Use a general extrusion which takes the x,y velocity from the 3D model and maps it onto the 2D model where I solve the e-chem equations.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.