Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep of the Move funcion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to so a simple parametric sweep of the position of an element in a 2D model. I define a parameter under global definitions and then under Geometry1 I Move1 by that parameter.

Unfortunately I the parametric sweep function does not include the geometry or mesh. I tried creating a parametric weep function note in the solver using continuation under Step 1 but I still get the same warning. "Parametric solver does not support geometry and mesh dependent parameters."

How can I sweep a parameter in the geometry? I attached the model.

Thanks,
Matthias

2 Replies Last Post 21 ago 2013, 11:46 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 ago 2013, 11:14 GMT-4

Matthias,

in your model you aren't using DY as parameter but rather VP0, and you have cyclic dependency in VP0, look into the parameter definition.
To make sure it works you can also set in the parameter study node in the study extensions tab: set 'use parametric solver to OFF. This makes sure the parameter study sweeps through the geometry and mesh in each step.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
Matthias, in your model you aren't using DY as parameter but rather VP0, and you have cyclic dependency in VP0, look into the parameter definition. To make sure it works you can also set in the parameter study node in the study extensions tab: set 'use parametric solver to OFF. This makes sure the parameter study sweeps through the geometry and mesh in each step. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 ago 2013, 11:46 GMT-4
Thanks it worked!
Thanks it worked!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.