Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modelling of EMATs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to model an electromagnetic acoustic transducer which involves three physical phenomenon: The static magnetic field generated by the horse shoe magnetc, the dynamic magnetic field generated by a coil driven by a sinusoidal current, and the solid mechanics which generatecs the sound wave on the material (steel).
The sound is wave is generated as a result of the interact of the induced current and the magnetic field generated by both the magnet and the coil.

Question:

1. the model could not couple the structural mechanics, what can i do to couple the three physics.

Please see attched my model.

2 Replies Last Post 25 mag 2017, 06:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Evans Ashigwuike

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago 24 mag 2017, 15:45 GMT-4
Could you solve this? I could share a simulation with the same problem.
thanks
Could you solve this? I could share a simulation with the same problem. thanks

Posted: 7 years ago 25 mag 2017, 06:19 GMT-4
One of the Russian student works on the topic -> vk.com/comsolmultiphysics?w=wall-49705233_3036
One of the Russian student works on the topic -> https://vk.com/comsolmultiphysics?w=wall-49705233_3036

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.