Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

flow through a tank

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi guys,
I ave been trying to do a CFD laminar flow (spf) modelling of a flow coming from a pipe going into a tank and exiting through another pipe. I have made it 2D to get fast results however this either does not convere or is very slow(i have never gotten a result even after leaving my computer on for a whole night). I have been wondering if I was setting the physics wrong. In terms of study, I want to run a time dependent study to see how fast the tank pressure drops upon closure of the feeding pipe. I have set the solver to be direct for a faster solution but this is still slow. any help would be appreciated thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 25 ott 2013, 07:14 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 ott 2013, 07:14 GMT-4
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post. It will be easier for us to determine if there are any problems with the set-up if you can upload your model file. If you are using a licence which is currently under subscription, we will be able to refer you to our technical support engineers.

Best regards,

David
Hi Steve, Thanks for your post. It will be easier for us to determine if there are any problems with the set-up if you can upload your model file. If you are using a licence which is currently under subscription, we will be able to refer you to our technical support engineers. Best regards, David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.