Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Resonant Frequency for comb accelerometer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
i really hope that i can get input from you all.
I modelling a capacitive comb accelerometer. See picture attached.
I have used:
Solid Mechanic - to get displacement
Electrostatic- to get capacitance
To get the model moving i have put -a*solid.rho at the body load in Solid Mechanics

to get the resonant freq, i used eigenfrequency study and the simulation value that i've got is different from the calculation .
I used the equation f = (sqrt(k/M)/2*pi to get my calculation value of resonant.
is the any thing in the eigenfrequency that i need to set up ?

PLEASE HELP

1 Reply Last Post 29 gen 2016, 06:11 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nisa K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 29 gen 2016, 06:11 GMT-5
Hello Sir,

I am also getting the same problem. Could you find the solution. Please let me know.
Hello Sir, I am also getting the same problem. Could you find the solution. Please let me know.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.