Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency Response Function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Ivar Kjelberg

This question has troubled me some days, I hope you give me some advises.
A cantilever plate: the length 300mm, the width 200mm, the thickness 6mm;
The clamped end dimension: the length 60mm, the width 50mm, the thickness 6mm;
The Young’s modulus 56e9 Pa, the Poisson’s ration 0.27, the density 2646kg/m^3, the damping parameter, loss factor is 0.02.
The first method:
I give a sine sweep in the point 1(F=1N), and get responsive acceleration in the point 2.
How to get frequency response function (g/N vs. frequency) between point 2 and point 1?

The second method:
If giving a pulse force in the point 1(F=1N), and get responsive acceleration in the point 2. In Comsol, I give s step function in the point 1, but I don’t known to do in next step.
I attach my module structural.
Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 24 nov 2013, 09:24 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 nov 2013, 09:24 GMT-5
The attachments
1.FRF(sine sweep)
2.FRF(impulse excitation)
The attachments 1.FRF(sine sweep) 2.FRF(impulse excitation)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.