Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flexible Parametric Sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I have a biomechanical model from lower leg.
I need to find the map of applying pressure to the model in such a way that could satisfy a specific pattern of displacement.
I am trying to use the parametric sweep capability to solve this problem.
I've divided my model to 6 sections and on each section a uniform pressure is applying to the model. P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6
At parametric sweep I have defined all of these parameters and by using the 'all combinations' I want to find the best values which can maximize the Pearson correlation coefficient in MATLAB.
But the model has hyperelastic material properties and if I apply the pressures suddenly to the model there will be convergence problem.
Therefore, I need to increase the pressures gradually and at the same time I need to find the best combination of the pressure values.

I want to increase them gradually until 16 kPa and then using the parametric sweep for 3 steps 17,18,19 kPa to find the best combination.

Could you please let me know how I can solve this problem?

Regards,
Bahram

0 Replies Last Post 28 nov 2013, 12:53 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bahram Manafi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.