Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Best way to find the average velocity over a cross section of an axisymmetric flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm attempting to find the average velocity over a cross section (of an 2d axisymmetric flow profile) vs distance along the flow channel (say z direction) in COMSOL. The only way I can find to do this is to create cut lines at intervals then create a 1-d plot with the data and export this to a spreadsheet for further processing. Is there a better way? I was trying to calculate an average using the cut-lines but what ends up happening is that COMSOL takes all of the velocities in the cut lines and averages them, so I end up getting the average velocity in the channel.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Reply Last Post 12 dic 2013, 12:16 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 dic 2013, 12:16 GMT-5
I think what you're after is what we call model couplings of the projection type. See Reference Manual, version 4.3b, page 283-304 (especially page 288).
Best,
Jeff
I think what you're after is what we call model couplings of the projection type. See Reference Manual, version 4.3b, page 283-304 (especially page 288). Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.