Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Prescribe Displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I currently used Comsol to see the force_displacement relation of a bistable nonlinear-cantilever beam,
If I sweeping by varying the Force and then caculated Total Displacement, I cannot get the unstable solution.

I thinks that I should sweep the Displacement and then calculated again the Force. It will be better.

So, I set "Precribed Displacement" as I desired, and "include nonlinear geometry" and calculated the "Reaction Force", however, I am not get correct results ( compared with Force sweep),

And also, if I set "Precribed Displacement" in boundary or in edges, it give me different results,.

Hope that you have some experiement about this to help me ?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 27 gen 2014, 04:44 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Cuong Nguyen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.