Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to calculate resistive (ohmic) losses ? AC/DC E&M Fields 2D

Guillermo Ivan Cruz Pelaez

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo everybody

I'm trying to calculate resistive losses on a coaxial cable for a parametric sweep,

my model is excited in two ways: density current and Voltage(Va) by means of single turn coil, in this model there is no difference about the way i excited,

Firstly, I've successfully achieved inductance by energy method and Impedance ( imag (Va/current)) for all frecuencies but resistive losses are very different when I use resistive losses (mef.Qrh) and real (Vap/current), the last one is ok, because i have compared with analytical results.

I wish anybody can help me, specifically my doubt is how resistive losses works?

0 Replies Last Post 31 gen 2014, 21:50 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guillermo Ivan Cruz Pelaez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.