Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

studies with multiples steps

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
there is something so weird with my COMSOL 4.3, when I create a time dependent study with different steps the solution only represents the last step and It is not posible to change the time interval and impose the one that I want to have (from the beginning to the end), what can I do to solve it?
Thanks a lot.

2 Replies Last Post 2 mar 2014, 09:36 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 feb 2014, 14:59 GMT-5
I am dealing with the same problem. One alternative is to use several studies, such as for Study 1 you calculate from 0s-100s, then Study 2 from 100s-1000s. In each study you have only one step, and in study 2 you can specify the initial value to be the 100s step result from study 1. The problem of this is you must start the compute manually after the previous Study is finished.

If you have figured it out, please let me know your solution, thanks!
I am dealing with the same problem. One alternative is to use several studies, such as for Study 1 you calculate from 0s-100s, then Study 2 from 100s-1000s. In each study you have only one step, and in study 2 you can specify the initial value to be the 100s step result from study 1. The problem of this is you must start the compute manually after the previous Study is finished. If you have figured it out, please let me know your solution, thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 mar 2014, 09:36 GMT-5
Dear Martin,

you can perform it in 1 step using the syntax that you find in the screenshot.
Let me know if it works.
Regards

Hi all,
there is something so weird with my COMSOL 4.3, when I create a time dependent study with different steps the solution only represents the last step and It is not posible to change the time interval and impose the one that I want to have (from the beginning to the end), what can I do to solve it?
Thanks a lot.

--
Marino Miccio
Chemical Engineer
marinomiccio.wix.com/home
Dear Martin, you can perform it in 1 step using the syntax that you find in the screenshot. Let me know if it works. Regards [QUOTE] Hi all, there is something so weird with my COMSOL 4.3, when I create a time dependent study with different steps the solution only represents the last step and It is not posible to change the time interval and impose the one that I want to have (from the beginning to the end), what can I do to solve it? Thanks a lot. [/QUOTE] -- Marino Miccio Chemical Engineer http://marinomiccio.wix.com/home

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.