Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in one of the Model Library of Comsol 3.5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying the model 'Two Phase Fluid-Structure Interaction' in V3.5's Model Library. You can find this at Model Library-> MEMS Module-> Microfluidics Models->twophase fsi. An animation is also available.

There is one problem however. When I'm following the instructions in 'Modeling Using the Graphical User Interface' step by step, an error message appears as following:
Error:
Failed to find consistent initial values.
Undefined_value_found_Linsolv
NaN_or_Inf_found_when_solving_linear_system_using_PARDISO
And I just cannot figure out why. Could someone help me find it out?

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies Last Post 22 giu 2016, 16:36 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Huifeng Du

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 24 apr 2015, 14:30 GMT-4
I also am looking to obtain this tutorial to apply the techniques demostrated to my research
I also am looking to obtain this tutorial to apply the techniques demostrated to my research

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 24 apr 2015, 15:17 GMT-4
Hello,

We strongly encourage you to upgrade to COMSOL 5.1.

For FSI modeling you will find this newer tutorial especially helpful:
www.comsol.com/model/vibrating-beam-in-fluid-flow-9408
Hello, We strongly encourage you to upgrade to COMSOL 5.1. For FSI modeling you will find this newer tutorial especially helpful: http://www.comsol.com/model/vibrating-beam-in-fluid-flow-9408

Posted: 8 years ago 22 giu 2016, 16:36 GMT-4
I encountered the same problem.

Just in case you still need to make the model work-

In the Moving Mesh->Subdomain Settings->Element tab, I changed the Predefined Element types of all three domains to "Lagrange - Linear".

By following the instructions of the model plus changing the aforementioned setting the model solved fine.

Good luck!
I encountered the same problem. Just in case you still need to make the model work- In the Moving Mesh->Subdomain Settings->Element tab, I changed the Predefined Element types of all three domains to "Lagrange - Linear". By following the instructions of the model plus changing the aforementioned setting the model solved fine. Good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.