Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

TED damping in resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

Coul d anyone please tell me how to model thermoelastic damping in mems resonator using anisotropic material. In this paper "Thermoelastic Damping in a MEMS Resonator", the author just use solid model: isotropic. But when I change to anisotropic, the simulation get error.

Thanks advance!

1 Reply Last Post 17 apr 2014, 09:18 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 apr 2014, 09:18 GMT-4
Hi, I think you forgot to enter some material properties, like: coefficient of thermal expansion, thermal conductivity and heat capacity at constant pressure....

I have no problems with my anisotropic TED simulation....
Hi, I think you forgot to enter some material properties, like: coefficient of thermal expansion, thermal conductivity and heat capacity at constant pressure.... I have no problems with my anisotropic TED simulation....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.