Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent solver of unsteady Navier Stokes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm simulating flow of incompressible fluid in periodic media.
I have implemented dimensionless Navier Stokes equations with Comsol PDE module.

1- I resolve my problem with a steady solver (for high Reynolds number which leads to unsteady flow). I get a good solution.

2- I use this steady solution as initial values for my unsteady solver. The problem is that the unsteady solver is giving me a steady solution (for high Re !). The solution is still the same as the steady solver solution.
The unsteady solver : Direct MUMPS solver, Times: range(0,0.002,1), Time stepping method: BDF, Steps taken by solver: Strict, Error estimation: Exclude Algebraic.

Can you advice me please how can I fix this problem ?
Thanks in advance.

Mehrez Agnaou

0 Replies Last Post 13 mag 2014, 12:00 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello M A

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.