Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help : Iterative variable : n1 = n1 + 125

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How i can use an iterative variable for example n1 = n1 +125 in comsol

thank's

5 Replies Last Post 10 giu 2014, 02:34 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mag 2014, 13:26 GMT-4

What would the iteration index be?

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
What would the iteration index be? Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 giu 2014, 09:05 GMT-4
No body can answer me !!!!

How i can put : var = var + 125 in comsol

comsol give me : Circular variable dependency detected

Please ho can answer me and give me solution for : var = var + 125

Mr Ivar Kjelberg were are you ? give me solution !!
No body can answer me !!!! How i can put : var = var + 125 in comsol comsol give me : Circular variable dependency detected Please ho can answer me and give me solution for : var = var + 125 Mr Ivar Kjelberg were are you ? give me solution !!

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 giu 2014, 10:43 GMT-4

Well, I try once more despite you didn't tell me with regard to what you want to iterate. If it is about non-linear solver steps you could try:

var = 125*niterCMP

I don't know if it works, just try it. If your iteration index is something else you can try to find it in the documentation.

var = var + 125 is not a valid equation. It reduces to 0 = 125 which is obviously wrong.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Well, I try once more despite you didn't tell me with regard to what you want to iterate. If it is about non-linear solver steps you could try: var = 125*niterCMP I don't know if it works, just try it. If your iteration index is something else you can try to find it in the documentation. var = var + 125 is not a valid equation. It reduces to 0 = 125 which is obviously wrong. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 giu 2014, 12:08 GMT-4
Thank you Edgar J. Kaiser for response

The equation : var = var + 125 : The new value in the present step of "var" = the previous value in the previous step of "var" + 125 .

Thank you Edgar J. Kaiser for response The equation : var = var + 125 : The new value in the present step of "var" = the previous value in the previous step of "var" + 125 .

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 giu 2014, 02:34 GMT-4
Where 'step' means time step I suppose? It would be a bit strange in my opinion to formulate your model like that, because the rate of change of n1 with time would depend on your time step. Rather I would include something like d n1/d t = 125.
Where 'step' means time step I suppose? It would be a bit strange in my opinion to formulate your model like that, because the rate of change of n1 with time would depend on your time step. Rather I would include something like d n1/d t = 125.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.