Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving heater

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model heat transfer to a fluid flowing in a rectangular duct. The duct is heated at the bottom wall through a rectangle step function such that only a short length of the wall is heated. I am trying to make this step pulse move with time, i.e a different section is heated at each instant. When I specify the step function limits in terms of 't' I get an 'unknown variable' error. Is there a way to do this in Comsol?

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 28 dic 2015, 08:50 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 26 dic 2015, 04:33 GMT-5
Hello,

Did you got your model working? Could you share it with me how you did it?

Thank you so much in advance.

BR
Valente Martins
Hello, Did you got your model working? Could you share it with me how you did it? Thank you so much in advance. BR Valente Martins

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 9 years ago 28 dic 2015, 08:50 GMT-5
Dear Valente,

Check out COMSOL Application Gallery example #20401 for how to model a traveling load: www.comsol.com/model/traveling-load-20401

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Dear Valente, Check out COMSOL Application Gallery example #20401 for how to model a traveling load: http://www.comsol.com/model/traveling-load-20401 Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.