Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Single Bowtie nanoantenna

Bhavyabhushan Yadav A.V

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Its very easy to simulate a single (non periodic structure) bowtie nanoantenna in lumerical FDTD tool.
But i find it very hard to simulate the same structure in COMSOL.

Can anyone give me some suggestions. Mainly i request users who have used Lumerical FDTD. In the other tool all we do is set all the 4 regions (cubic FDTD mesh) to be PML and excite plane wave of certain polarization and study the E field profile. But I am stuck midway trying to simulate a simple bowtie antenna (non periodic) in COMSOL.

Thank You,
Bhavyabhushan Yadav

1 Reply Last Post 3 giu 2014, 05:05 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 giu 2014, 05:05 GMT-4
I think the best way is to follow a model step by step. The model "optical scattering of gold nanoparticle" in model gallery may be suitable. Comsol made very detailed operation instruction corresponding to each model.
By the way, could you please send me some FDTD solutions models? My email is mwang1668@hotmail.com. I tried using FDTD, but there is not so many examples and corresponding operation instructions. I followed the three examples, but still feel not familiar with it.
I think the best way is to follow a model step by step. The model "optical scattering of gold nanoparticle" in model gallery may be suitable. Comsol made very detailed operation instruction corresponding to each model. By the way, could you please send me some FDTD solutions models? My email is mwang1668@hotmail.com. I tried using FDTD, but there is not so many examples and corresponding operation instructions. I followed the three examples, but still feel not familiar with it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.