Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

simulation for an inductive power transfer system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Now I am working for the inductive power transfer system, I want to know the voltage ratio of a transformer with the air cap and the metal and analyze the transfer efficiency. So I have created a 2D model for the simulation.

I do the simulation step by step, so first, I have created a complete transformer without the aircap and verify if the model is correct. But I have met some problems:
In attached model ''2D_rectangle'', I created a transformer with 2 coils on both side. Each coil contains two ''coil''s for the calculation. We apply a Vac in the first voltage.
1. the magnetic flux density is too big (30 T),
2. the resistances of the 2 ''coil''s are not the same
3. how to do a simulation in time domain
4. how to get the self-inductance and the mutuel inductance, because I should compare them with the real values
5. sometimes when I change the value of the voltage or the turns of the coils, an error appears--Maximum number of Newton iterations reached.

In attached model ''2D_rectangle_aircap'', I add an air cap in the middle of the transformer.
1. when I change the thickness of the air cap, the output voltage does not vary very much.
2. I set the frequency 50Hz-20kHz, but the output voltage increase with the frequency and in about 250Hz, it reste constant. I don't know if it is normal in this case. I think because of the skin effet, the output voltage should decrease.

For the next step, which the metal should be added, I want to know how to add the eddy current and the hysteresis loss ( Is the system adds the two effects automatically? ). I tried to simulate with the metal, but I got the same result with the simulation 2 (only with tht aircap), Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much!!!

4 Replies Last Post 14 giu 2016, 00:54 GMT-4
Jean-Marc Petit COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 giu 2014, 04:16 GMT-4
Hello,

You will find plenty of informations in these tutorial models :
-------------------------------------------
cds.comsol.com/mg/653a7e22285186.zip
Estimated size: 7.1 MB
This link expires June 30, 2014. Please make sure to download before that date.

Included files:
- models.acdc.mutual_inductance.pdf
- models.acdc.mutual_inductance_coil_group.pdf
- models.acdc.mutual_inductance_multiturn.pdf
- 3D_Coils_43a.pptx
-------------------------------------------

regards,
Jean-Marc Petit
Hello, You will find plenty of informations in these tutorial models : ------------------------------------------- http://cds.comsol.com/mg/653a7e22285186.zip Estimated size: 7.1 MB This link expires June 30, 2014. Please make sure to download before that date. Included files: - models.acdc.mutual_inductance.pdf - models.acdc.mutual_inductance_coil_group.pdf - models.acdc.mutual_inductance_multiturn.pdf - 3D_Coils_43a.pptx ------------------------------------------- regards, Jean-Marc Petit

Posted: 9 years ago 30 nov 2015, 14:49 GMT-5
how can i get this simulation?can u help me?
how can i get this simulation?can u help me?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 30 nov 2015, 15:06 GMT-5
Hello Irfan,
Please contact your COMSOL representative at this link: www.comsol.com/contact
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Irfan, Please contact your COMSOL representative at this link: http://www.comsol.com/contact Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 14 giu 2016, 00:54 GMT-4
hello
I am working on sensor which is based on MEMS transformer and for this I have to use a inductive transformer though i have to make its MEMS module i cant use circular coil for primary and secondary turns .i am not able to make rectangular turns in COMSOL .Please help me out regarding this and you can tell me the other method for making coils in COMSOL?
Reply me ASAP.
Thanks a lot
hello I am working on sensor which is based on MEMS transformer and for this I have to use a inductive transformer though i have to make its MEMS module i cant use circular coil for primary and secondary turns .i am not able to make rectangular turns in COMSOL .Please help me out regarding this and you can tell me the other method for making coils in COMSOL? Reply me ASAP. Thanks a lot

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.