Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Caculate the area of a range of voltage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all,

I'm actually modeling a model of a simple electrode. The electrode is a cylinder of Platinum and I apply 1V on it, the current is passing through a muscle, and collected by a ground.
After the calculation, I create a cut plane 2D to see the behavior of the Voltage/Current density/Electic Field, inside the muscle.

My question is : Is it possible to calculate the area surface (on my cut plane) of a range of Voltage or Current density or Electic Field ?

For instance, on the picture "Voltage Cut plane", we can observe the voltage on my cut plane (range 0 V to 0.68V). What I want to calculate is the area (in m²) of the geometric surface where the range is 0.25V to 0.68V (see picture 2). Is there a function to do that in COMSOL software? I don't see how to do that..

Someone can help me to find the solution?

Thank you.

Antoine.

2 Replies Last Post 18 giu 2014, 09:02 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2014, 06:34 GMT-4
Maybe you can put a surface integral node in the results -> derived values node, and use as the expression something like

if(V>0.25&&V<0.68,1,0)
Maybe you can put a surface integral node in the results -> derived values node, and use as the expression something like if(V>0.25&&V

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2014, 09:02 GMT-4
And you were right!
Thank you Pieter for you quick answer!
And you were right! Thank you Pieter for you quick answer!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.