Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

position-dependent heat source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to study the thermal effects of nuclear heating by neutron radiation on a pipe (aligned along z-axis).
The data about the nuclear heating in the pipe is available to me as the attached graph and the corresponding analytic fit function p(z). Note that the unit of p(z) is W/m.

How can I model this position-dependent heat source in Comsol?

Thanks in advance!
Nico

1 Reply Last Post 23 giu 2014, 03:07 GMT-4
Hinrich Arnoldt COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 giu 2014, 03:07 GMT-4
Hello,

you can do this by defining an interpolation function p(z) under Definitions.
Then add a Heat Source (Boundary or Volume, depending on your needs) and in the field for the Heating enter p(z).

Best
Hinrich
Hello, you can do this by defining an interpolation function p(z) under Definitions. Then add a Heat Source (Boundary or Volume, depending on your needs) and in the field for the Heating enter p(z). Best Hinrich

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.