Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problems with an acoustic stimulus simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi @ all,

I try to create a simulation, in this simulation a body is caused to
oscillate by a metal ball, which comes with a specific force against this
body. I have done a simulation of the eigenfrequency.
And afterwards I've created a "Time Dependent Study". With a "Gaussian Pulse" as an force, Point Load and a "Linear Elastic Material Damping".
Furthermore I want to display the abate (loss over the time) of the sound waves at the surface.
It would be very kind if you could give with a start point for the
simulation.

4 Replies Last Post 10 lug 2014, 03:58 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 lug 2014, 04:34 GMT-4
It seems like you have a starting point for the simulation already, so what is your problem?
It seems like you have a starting point for the simulation already, so what is your problem?

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 lug 2014, 08:20 GMT-4
Hi Pieter,

thx for your answer. My Problem is to display the abate (loss over the time) of the sound waves at the surface.
I have with the help of the Comsol support team (thanks again) create a moving image (result-> export-> play).
Now I should like to represent the coordinates of a specific point as x(t), y(t) and z (t) [e.g. excel chart].

The project describes an experimental setup in which we generate a vibration inside a body. Those vibration will be transmitted to a surrounded material (H2O) and we try to detect them with a accelerometer.

Thanks for your help,
cya Thomas
Hi Pieter, thx for your answer. My Problem is to display the abate (loss over the time) of the sound waves at the surface. I have with the help of the Comsol support team (thanks again) create a moving image (result-> export-> play). Now I should like to represent the coordinates of a specific point as x(t), y(t) and z (t) [e.g. excel chart]. The project describes an experimental setup in which we generate a vibration inside a body. Those vibration will be transmitted to a surrounded material (H2O) and we try to detect them with a accelerometer. Thanks for your help, cya Thomas

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 lug 2014, 09:27 GMT-4
result -> export -> data
I think, and then u, v and w are your relative displacements, so you enter them for expressions. Specify a filename and you have something already. You can also specify the points from which your data must be exported.
result -> export -> data I think, and then u, v and w are your relative displacements, so you enter them for expressions. Specify a filename and you have something already. You can also specify the points from which your data must be exported.

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 lug 2014, 03:58 GMT-4
Hello Pieter,
thx for your reply. I didn't know how i do mark/create a point which i can export (X-Y-Z-coordinates).

thx and cya Thomas
Hello Pieter, thx for your reply. I didn't know how i do mark/create a point which i can export (X-Y-Z-coordinates). thx and cya Thomas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.