Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Java Program works on Windows, not Linux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working on a COMSOL GUI application with the Java API, and I've gone through the beam model tutorial. Everything works when I run it from Eclipse directly, but when I export the program to a runnable JAR file OR if I run it on Eclipse on Linux, the program breaks when it tries to open the COMSOL window.

It seem to be an error finding the path to COMSOL. The error verbatim is:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: C:\Users\username\lib\win64\cssystemutil.dll
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

From debugging I think I can infer that Eclipse navigates correctly to my COMSOL directory, since the security check indeed contains all the paths of relevant .so files in /plugins...
On Linux I did try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the COMSOL directory, and in Windows I did not.

0 Replies Last Post 8 lug 2014, 13:56 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ryan Choi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.