Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Trying to generate magnetic fields and forces on superparamagnetic particles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have been trying to simulate the force on a micron sized bead at high frequencies with a varying permeability. I am new to comsol and I wanted to start by simulating the magnetic flux so I used the single turn coil module. I found the fields and I calculated the force, but when I wanted to do a time domain analysis to see how the bead would move if it was placed in the field, I got the message that I can not do a time domain analysis with the single-turn coil module.

I am not trying to get the same results using the electric currents module to put 1A of current through my traces. I don't know how to setup the model so that it is controlled by the current rather than the potential difference. Also, when I simulate it, I get a current density, and a potential difference, but absolutely no magnetic flux (0 everywhere).

I havnt been able to find a tutorial that is similar to what I am trying to do, and at this point I am just stuck.

If anyone has any advice on how to get it working, It would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 10 lug 2014, 14:18 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Torkom Pailevanian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.