Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary respecting error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am fairly new to Comsol and I am trying to simulate Stokes flow around a very thin (length = 2.7 um, thickness = 0.01 um) dumbbell-shaped object within a comparatively large box-shaped domain (50x50x50 um). Because of the thinness of the object, I have swept a free triangular mesh across its thickness rather than use a standard tetrahedral mesh. However, if I then try to mesh the rest of the box with a free tetrahedral mesh, I get the following error: "Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face...Internal error in boundary respecting." The identified face on which the meshing fails is one of the two faces corresponding to the edges of the dumbbell "neck". Would anyone know what this error means in the context of my model? (The model file is too large to attach here, but can be accessed at the following link: www.dropbox.com/s/1gj0ygdfkzk6qxm/dumbbell_CFD_creepingflow_44.mph
I have also attached two screenshots of the geometry.)

Thanks,
Matt

0 Replies Last Post 16 lug 2014, 04:55 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthew Lim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.