Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find a solution. There are 1 void equations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm running a flow in a pipe and I'm using the Conjugate heat transfer physics. My model converges and gives me results when the fluid in the pipe is water. As soon as I change the fluid to Carbon Dioxide, I get the following error:

Failed to find a solution.
Singular matrix.

There are 1 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.nitf.Pmfinl1.
at coordinates: (0,0,0), ...
There are 28 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.p.
at coordinates: (0,-1.82291,0.0448905), (0,-1.8415,-6.245e-017), (0,-1.778,0.0635), (0,-1.82291,-0.0448896), (0,-1.73308,0.0448825), ...
There was an error message from the linear solver.
The relative residual (11) is greater than the relative tolerance.
Returned solution is not converged.
- Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol2/s1)

Can anyone tell me why when changing fluids my model wouldn't converge even though everything else is still the same? And what is the variable comp1.nitf.Pmfinl1?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 28 mar 2017, 04:45 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Amr Daouk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 28 mar 2017, 04:45 GMT-4
If anyone will have this problem still, in my case I have found solution by changing one condition. Beside of simplification with no slip wall I have changed it to slip, and make a better mesh.
If anyone will have this problem still, in my case I have found solution by changing one condition. Beside of simplification with no slip wall I have changed it to slip, and make a better mesh.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.