Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

point evaluation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

How is it possible to know value of special location in the surface that has not been defined as a point?
For example I want to know the value of Hydaulic head in a cross section fo soil column that I defined in 2D model for 20 different parts inside the surface?

Attached the snapshot of my case study.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sepideh

3 Replies Last Post 20 ago 2014, 09:32 GMT-4

Posted: 10 years ago 19 ago 2014, 21:45 GMT-4
After running your model, simply right click on "Data Sets" use "Cut Point 2D", then make a point graph with "Data set" selected to the name of the defined point.
After running your model, simply right click on "Data Sets" use "Cut Point 2D", then make a point graph with "Data set" selected to the name of the defined point.

Posted: 10 years ago 20 ago 2014, 03:30 GMT-4
Cool, thanks for the reply.

But there is one option for entering points from file.
I tried to create .txt file and writing the coordinates of some points in it.
But I confronted an error that the .txt file is not readable. Is there any special format for writing the .txt file to impose the desired points in comsol?

Sepideh

the format was like:
x y
0 0
40 0
80 0
120 0
160 0
200 0
and saved in .txt file
Cool, thanks for the reply. But there is one option for entering points from file. I tried to create .txt file and writing the coordinates of some points in it. But I confronted an error that the .txt file is not readable. Is there any special format for writing the .txt file to impose the desired points in comsol? Sepideh the format was like: x y 0 0 40 0 80 0 120 0 160 0 200 0 and saved in .txt file

Posted: 10 years ago 20 ago 2014, 09:32 GMT-4
So I did it and it worked! don't put any header, also dont put any space after the y coordinates. something like this:

0 0
40 0
80 0
120 0
160 0
200 0

Best,
Hossein
So I did it and it worked! don't put any header, also dont put any space after the y coordinates. something like this: 0 0 40 0 80 0 120 0 160 0 200 0 Best, Hossein

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.