Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Constitutive law for linear elastic isotropic material in large deformation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was not able to identify the constitutive law used for solid linear elastic isotropic material when the large deformation option is selected.

Is it the Kirchhoff-St. Venant law: Sx=(lambda)trE I + 2(mu)E
where Sx is the Piola-Kirchhoff II stress tensor, E is the Green strain, I the identity tensor and lambda and mu the Lamé constants?

Thanks.

Dominique

1 Reply Last Post 16 apr 2010, 07:39 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 apr 2010, 07:39 GMT-4
Hi

I beleive the best reply is in the doc is like here:

page 7 SMEUG.pdf V3.5a as well as p165 and on, 173 and on

note some limitation with viscuoelastic material model

check also the smeref.pdf "large deformations" for the different application modes

good luck
Ivar
Hi I beleive the best reply is in the doc is like here: page 7 SMEUG.pdf V3.5a as well as p165 and on, 173 and on note some limitation with viscuoelastic material model check also the smeref.pdf "large deformations" for the different application modes good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.