Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule Heating

Daniel Lucas Ferreira e Almeida

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have started working with Comsol recently and I have been trying to create a model like this: four electrodes in a suspending medium (the model is based in salty water), on a glass surface.
The aim is to create a travelling wave signal so a sinusoidal signal with different phase is applied to each electrode.

I have tried to visualize the temperature after performing a frequency dependent study, but the temperature does not change. Any suggestion to this problem?

I'm trying to upload my model but I still didn't figure it out how to do it.

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 20 ago 2014, 07:23 GMT-4
Daniel Lucas Ferreira e Almeida

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 20 ago 2014, 07:23 GMT-4

Hi,

I have started working with Comsol recently and I have been trying to create a model like this: four electrodes in a suspending medium (the model is based in salty water), on a glass surface.
The aim is to create a travelling wave signal so a sinusoidal signal with different phase is applied to each electrode.

I have tried to visualize the temperature after performing a frequency dependent study, but the temperature does not change. Any suggestion to this problem?

I'm trying to upload my model but I still didn't figure it out how to do it.

Thanks.

Now I am sending my model.

I also realized that I can't perform a frequency domain study for the Joule Heating Module.
There is a warning signal next to it, as you can see from the screenshot I got.

Thanks.
[QUOTE] Hi, I have started working with Comsol recently and I have been trying to create a model like this: four electrodes in a suspending medium (the model is based in salty water), on a glass surface. The aim is to create a travelling wave signal so a sinusoidal signal with different phase is applied to each electrode. I have tried to visualize the temperature after performing a frequency dependent study, but the temperature does not change. Any suggestion to this problem? I'm trying to upload my model but I still didn't figure it out how to do it. Thanks. [/QUOTE] Now I am sending my model. I also realized that I can't perform a frequency domain study for the Joule Heating Module. There is a warning signal next to it, as you can see from the screenshot I got. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.