Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating coupled acoustic resonators

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am interested in simulating the frequency response of a cantilever beam located in an acoustic resonance structure. I am able to find the eigenfrequencies of the cantilever by itself using the structural mechanics eigenfrequency simulation. I am also able to plot the pressure response of the acoustic resonator at the point of interest using a frequency domain pressure acoustics simulation. My difficulty is in combining these two simulations, to be able to plot the deflection of the cantilever inside of the acoustic resonator as a function of the frequency of the incoming pressure field. Can somebody please give me a basic overview of the approach necessary to to this, or maybe give a link to a tutorial involving a similar kind of simulation.

Additionally, I am curious if there is an easy way to pass variables between simulation steps. For example, if step 1 is an eigenfrequency simulation, I want to use the harmonic eigenfrequency as a variable for a step 2 frequency sweep simulation. This seems like something that should be easy to do but I have been unable to find a solution.

Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 4 set 2014, 12:46 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anton Shkel

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.