Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Expanding the Capacity Fade tutorial model - Convergence issues

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I've been working with the Capacity Fade lithium ion tutorial model, and I've been trying to expand the parametric study from the default 1-10 cycles to a maximum of 30 cycles.

I usually end up with a convergence error around cycle 17.

I've tried a few things to help convergence, but had limited success with using a finer mesh and loosening the error tolerances.

Can anyone give more insight on what I might need to do? Right now I am toying with the idea of completely changing the load cycle to get more charge-discharge events within one iteration of the parametric study.

0 Replies Last Post 10 set 2014, 17:10 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Corey Zusin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.