Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

species transport_complex boundary conditions_interface chemical reaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone! I would be very much appreciated if anyone can help me the following problems.
I am now modeling the moist air transporting from gas channel to the adjacent porous media zone,
and then being adsorbed by porous media. The geometry is 2D with gas channel width=a,
and the adjacent porous media zone width=b. The moist air transports from one end to the
other, and at the same time diffuses into the the adjacent porous media zone and
being adsorbed by it.
w1 is moisture in gas channel, w2 is moisture in porous media (inside pores), W is water uptake.
boundary conditions at the interface is :
-rhoa*D_g,eff*d(w2)/d(x)-rhofs*D_s,eff*d(W)/d(x)=hm*rhoa*(w1-w2)
here: hm is mass tranfer coefficient.
My first problem is how to implement this boundary conditions?
The second one is how to solve this problem? The complexity is that there are species conversion at the interface, namely, w1=w2+W. At the same time, there are complex boundary conditions as wrote above.

If anyone knows, please help!
Many thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 14 ott 2014, 04:37 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 14 ott 2014, 04:37 GMT-4
good!
good!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.