Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling cable which has conductor and armor radii smaller than skin depth

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have a power cable whose conductor and armor have dimensions less than skin depth. Copper Conductor has radius of 7.67 mm while skin depth for copper at 60 Hz is 8.65 mm. Aluminum armor has radius of 0.96 mm and skin depth for aluminum at 60 Hz is about 11 mm. I would appreciate if someone can give any idea which domain to use for conductor and armor wires, Multi turn coil, single turn coil, external current density? For armor wires what if I don't define them using above-mentioned domains?

Kind regards,
Akim

0 Replies Last Post 17 ott 2014, 11:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Akim Borbuev

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.