Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running COMSOL file on Amazon Cloud

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I am also currently trying to run my COMSOL model on Amazon Cloud. I did know that we need Floating Network License(FNL), and a bunch of settings on Amazon Web Service(AWS). But when I tried to launch instance on EC2, I couldn't find the COMSOL instance. Do you know if it is still possible to run COMSOL on Amazon Cloud? If so, do you know how to do that?

I am looking forward to your reply.
Best,
Nan Zhang

2 Replies Last Post 3 mar 2016, 19:54 GMT-5
Robert Nadon COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 10 nov 2014, 15:36 GMT-5
Currently we are in the process of placing COMSOL 5.0 on the Amazon cloud. For the current 4.3b version that was there, we have sunsetted that version and are directing customers to the new 5.0 model. This means that the previous version is no longer available. The target date is to have 5.0 on the cloud is by the end of this month. The new version should be much easier to instantiate and configure; however, you still will need to have an FNL.
Currently we are in the process of placing COMSOL 5.0 on the Amazon cloud. For the current 4.3b version that was there, we have sunsetted that version and are directing customers to the new 5.0 model. This means that the previous version is no longer available. The target date is to have 5.0 on the cloud is by the end of this month. The new version should be much easier to instantiate and configure; however, you still will need to have an FNL.

Posted: 8 years ago 3 mar 2016, 19:54 GMT-5
Hi Robert,
I have this doubt with floating network license. Someone told me that the class kit license is one of the floating network license. Is that true? If it is true, then I will be able to use it to run comsol on amazon cloud or any other clouds/clusters with a class kit license. It does not sound quite right to me.
Hi Robert, I have this doubt with floating network license. Someone told me that the class kit license is one of the floating network license. Is that true? If it is true, then I will be able to use it to run comsol on amazon cloud or any other clouds/clusters with a class kit license. It does not sound quite right to me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.