Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mean operator requires an adjacent entity of higher dimension

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am modelling a 3D DC discharge plasma model,
My model is a lil bit complex and i have followed the same steps as a 2D DC discharge plasma model.
Everything is built but when I try to compute the same it gives the error displayed below.
Failed to evaluate operator.
- Operator: mean
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 1 2 3 4 12 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 38 39 40
Mean operator requires an adjacent entity of higher dimension.
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: mean(comp1.dc.T)
Can anyone please explain as under what circumstances this kind of error pops up.
Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post 11 mar 2016, 07:48 GMT-5
Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago 3 nov 2014, 10:42 GMT-5
Sandilya,

At first glance, it looks like it could be due to a misapplied boundary condition. If you post your model, I can take a look and diagnose the problem.

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Sandilya, At first glance, it looks like it could be due to a misapplied boundary condition. If you post your model, I can take a look and diagnose the problem. -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 8 years ago 11 mar 2016, 07:48 GMT-5
Hello Everyone,
We are getting the followring error, we would appreciate if you could help us:

Failed to evaluate operator.
- Operator: mean
- Geometry: geom1
- Boundary: 46
Mean operator requires an adjacent entity of higher dimension.
- Expression: mean(comp1.ht.Tinit)
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: comp1.ht.Tinit
- Geometry: geom1
- Boundary: 46
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: comp1.ht.Jinit
- Defined as: ((1-comp1.ht.epsilon_rad)*comp1.ht.e_bamb)+((comp1.ht.epsilon_rad*(comp1.ht.feb(comp1.ht.Tinit/unit_K_cf)*unit_W_cf))/(unit_m_cf^2))
- Expression: comp1.ht.Jinit
Hello Everyone, We are getting the followring error, we would appreciate if you could help us: Failed to evaluate operator. - Operator: mean - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 46 Mean operator requires an adjacent entity of higher dimension. Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: mean(comp1.ht.Tinit) Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.ht.Tinit - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 46 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.ht.Jinit - Defined as: ((1-comp1.ht.epsilon_rad)*comp1.ht.e_bamb)+((comp1.ht.epsilon_rad*(comp1.ht.feb(comp1.ht.Tinit/unit_K_cf)*unit_W_cf))/(unit_m_cf^2)) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.ht.Jinit

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.