Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stiffness matrix of Si in (111) plane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone

I want to simulate a resonator on a silicon (111) wafer, so I need the stiffness matrix in this plane. COMSOL provides the stiffness matrix in (100). So I tried Ville's matlab file (www.kaajakari.net/~ville/research/tutorials/elasticity_tutorial.pdf) and used changed rotation matrix to obtain the stiffness matrix in (111). The rotation matrix I used is

% Rotation matrix
Q=[
[-1/sqrt(6) -1/sqrt(6) 2/sqrt(6)];
[ 1/sqrt(2) -1/sqrt(2) 0];
[ 1/sqrt(3) 1/sqrt(3) 1/sqrt(3)];
];

But the result looks not right. Could anyone tell me what the problem is and how to solve this? Thanks.

James

1 Reply Last Post 11 ott 2015, 15:39 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello James

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 11 ott 2015, 15:39 GMT-4
Dear James,

Can you tell me what makes your result not look right? What are you exactly getting? A constant Young's modulus?
Dear James, Can you tell me what makes your result not look right? What are you exactly getting? A constant Young's modulus?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.