Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

export jacobian of conductive media dc into MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a question.
I'm doing conductive media dc modeling for a 2D homogeneous electrical resistivity problem and I want to do inversion in MATLAB.
I need a set of Jacobian to do the inversion but I don't know how to export this from COMSOL to MATLAB.

Maybe there is someone who familiar with the problem, so maybe you could help me how to do this..

Thank you

3 Replies Last Post 16 giu 2010, 20:46 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 mag 2010, 01:22 GMT-4
maybe this helps: cds.comsol.com/access/dl/papers/1542/Persson.pdf
maybe this helps: http://cds.comsol.com/access/dl/papers/1542/Persson.pdf

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 mag 2010, 03:32 GMT-4
Hi Harry,

you can follow the adjoint state method (see park & van, 1991).

At the end you must postprocess :

Jacobian = d V_i / d rho_j = postint (J_emdc*J_edmc). of the volume i.
for a pole pole configuration.

see my exemple : model sensitivity.mph (for a wenner if a remember well)

www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/4922/

best regards,

Yannick Fargier
Hi Harry, you can follow the adjoint state method (see park & van, 1991). At the end you must postprocess : Jacobian = d V_i / d rho_j = postint (J_emdc*J_edmc). of the volume i. for a pole pole configuration. see my exemple : model sensitivity.mph (for a wenner if a remember well) http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/4922/ best regards, Yannick Fargier

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 giu 2010, 20:46 GMT-4
OK, thank you for all your reply..
I'll try your suggestion in couple of days or so..

Best regard,
Harry
OK, thank you for all your reply.. I'll try your suggestion in couple of days or so.. Best regard, Harry

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.