Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence ACDC with saturation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am getting the convergence pattern presented in the figure attached for the simulation of magnetic and electric fields considering saturation of the metal (through a mu_r dependent of B). The simulation is fine until 95%, when the error becomes to decrease slowly. I am using a frequency domain study with stationary solver. There is a clue of what could be done to improve the solution?

Regards

2 Replies Last Post 21 mar 2015, 10:45 GMT-4

Posted: 10 years ago 6 dic 2014, 17:28 GMT-5
Problem solved! It was an initial guess issue.

Regards
Problem solved! It was an initial guess issue. Regards

Mohammed Thameemul Ansari

Posted: 9 years ago 21 mar 2015, 10:45 GMT-4
Hello sir

I am working in the flux gate magnetometer. This is the magnetic sensor. The structure consists of magnetic core and two coils such us driving and pickup coil. So i have to excite the primary coil with AC current then this will create the magnetic field which i have to sense it from pickup coils. I know it wont work as simple. My questions are as follows,
1) I need to saturate the core by exciting the driving coil

2) Since am giving the alternating current in driving coil it would make core to come down from the saturation state where the attraction of external magnetic field will be high at that point i need to measure the magnetic flux across the sense coil .

How to create the external magnetic field? Thanks in advance.

Hello sir I am working in the flux gate magnetometer. This is the magnetic sensor. The structure consists of magnetic core and two coils such us driving and pickup coil. So i have to excite the primary coil with AC current then this will create the magnetic field which i have to sense it from pickup coils. I know it wont work as simple. My questions are as follows, 1) I need to saturate the core by exciting the driving coil 2) Since am giving the alternating current in driving coil it would make core to come down from the saturation state where the attraction of external magnetic field will be high at that point i need to measure the magnetic flux across the sense coil . How to create the external magnetic field? Thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.