Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use a combination of results (from two different solutions) in further study step?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

As I written in the subject; I'm trying to find a way to use a combination of two different results in further study step

(Hopefully there is another way than exporting and then interpolation function :) )

Thank you,
Can

(I have 4.4 btw)

1 Reply Last Post 9 dic 2014, 07:38 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 9 dic 2014, 07:38 GMT-5

Hi everybody,

As I written in the subject; I'm trying to find a way to use a combination of two different results in further study step

(Hopefully there is another way than exporting and then interpolation function :) )

Thank you,
Can

(I have 4.4 btw)

Hi there

To be more open;

I have a force distribution as a result of 1st study step, which is stored in Solution 1

Then I have another force distribution from 2nd study step (which is stored as Solution 2)

I want to combine and apply the resultant force distribution in a further study step (3rd)

The problem I have is how can I combine these 2 different force distributions to be used in further study step?

(It is possible to see them by using join and with, but I also need to use what I see, I think it' s possible)
[QUOTE] Hi everybody, As I written in the subject; I'm trying to find a way to use a combination of two different results in further study step (Hopefully there is another way than exporting and then interpolation function :) ) Thank you, Can (I have 4.4 btw) [/QUOTE] Hi there To be more open; I have a force distribution as a result of 1st study step, which is stored in Solution 1 Then I have another force distribution from 2nd study step (which is stored as Solution 2) I want to combine and apply the resultant force distribution in a further study step (3rd) The problem I have is how can I combine these 2 different force distributions to be used in further study step? (It is possible to see them by using join and with, but I also need to use what I see, I think it' s possible)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.