Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

convergence problem in 2D plane stress contact problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi folk,
I am looking for solve a 2D plane stress problem (see attached file). A rigid plane is able to move along the vertical direction and touch a soft (hyper-elastic material) domain. The soft domain should fit (by deforming itself) the rigid plane and a fixed rigid circle. Contact pairs were defined. In particular, a coulomb friction was enabled between the plane and the soft domain.
I am using a parametric solver with no success. At the beginning the soft domain is free to move and I think this is reason for which the solution does not converge.
How to solve this problem? Any suggestion is very welcoming.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pasquale Franciosa

0 Replies Last Post 14 giu 2010, 02:52 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pasquale Franciosa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.