Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Liquid (gas) injection into vacuum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm a newbie trying to discover the possibilities of Comsol.

I have a low vacuum system (~1 mbar) where I inject a liquid jet (water) with a known speed and radius. I know the pumping speed of my vacuum pumps and the geometry of my setup and now I want to model the vacuum level throughout the chamber (especially in the vicinity of the jet), assuming that I heat this liquid jet with a known incident power to either complete or fractional vaporization. The non-vaporized fraction of the jet will then hit a heated wall where the remaining of the jet will vaporize.

I have looked into a discussion on molecular flow (www.comsol.se/academic/papers/5550/), but in my case it concerns the viscous regime (big chamber, poor vacuum).

Can this be done?

Best regards
/Peter Skoglund, Sweden

0 Replies Last Post 16 giu 2010, 06:01 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter Skoglund

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.