Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solution is not converged

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have got results for tensile loading in particular length of a thin layer composite. when i increased the length the solver says "maximum number of iterations reached, solution is not converged," i have checked the convergence plot the error line remain horizontal after a particular no. of iterations.

can any one please suggest a suitable way to tackle this problem ?

Regards,

2 Replies Last Post 30 apr 2015, 08:54 GMT-4
Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 19 mar 2015, 08:46 GMT-4
Hello Anvar,

For this type of issue we would first suggest that you read this series of articles:
www.comsol.com/blogs/tag/solver-series/
You will find many strategies therein for addressing such questions.

Best,
Hello Anvar, For this type of issue we would first suggest that you read this series of articles: http://www.comsol.com/blogs/tag/solver-series/ You will find many strategies therein for addressing such questions. Best,

Posted: 9 years ago 30 apr 2015, 08:54 GMT-4
Dear Frei,
Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards,
--
anverva
Dear Frei, Thank you for the suggestion. Regards, -- anverva

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.