Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

wave guide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I want to calculate wave propagation in a guide in the direction of the axis "z" thank you for those that want to help me

3 Replies Last Post 9 lug 2010, 08:33 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 giu 2010, 10:42 GMT-4
Use 'perpendicular waves' application mode in RF module. There are some nice models in the model library of RF module as well which should help.
Use 'perpendicular waves' application mode in RF module. There are some nice models in the model library of RF module as well which should help.

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 lug 2010, 08:47 GMT-4
I used perpendicular waves guide to calculate the modal analysis except that it does not calculate the propagation of the wave. thank you to tell me how to calculate the propagation of the wave.
I used perpendicular waves guide to calculate the modal analysis except that it does not calculate the propagation of the wave. thank you to tell me how to calculate the propagation of the wave.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 lug 2010, 08:33 GMT-4
Ok then you need to combine boundary mode analysis and harmonic propagation application modes. The former computes your eigen modes while the latter helps you propagate it into your waveguide.

Alternatively, you may keep on using the perpendicular waves mode to compute eigen mode as well. But then you will have to map your field components to your wave guide's input plane by using extrusion coupling variables.

In the model library, check out all examples involving guided wave propagation. You will find examples there of the first approach I have mentioned. The second approach is possible but I don't think is illustrated in the model library.
Ok then you need to combine boundary mode analysis and harmonic propagation application modes. The former computes your eigen modes while the latter helps you propagate it into your waveguide. Alternatively, you may keep on using the perpendicular waves mode to compute eigen mode as well. But then you will have to map your field components to your wave guide's input plane by using extrusion coupling variables. In the model library, check out all examples involving guided wave propagation. You will find examples there of the first approach I have mentioned. The second approach is possible but I don't think is illustrated in the model library.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.