Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Progagation on a waveguide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I want to simulate the propagation of light in a waveguide in the time domain. I used the RF module in the transient regime.

In the first simulation I created a material with refractive index n=3.1, a perfect electric conductor around the waveguide and a lumped port as a gaussean pulse source, and I got this result, which looks nice

mega.co.nz/#!8p9jURAT!aiPhLWgLzfgygtzMfC-V9uzc6dk1eJnYL_5URPsWYkI

But what I really want is the second simulation in which I put air on both sides of the waveguide. But the result is that light does not propagate, as you can see here

mega.co.nz/#!tx8CzZwS!lpQdw6z9lJuAXyUsPjemcWfAN759D52UuGWyisfY2_0

But it would be nice that the light would propagate. I don't understand why this happens. Do you know what is it happening?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 26 mar 2015, 14:45 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 26 mar 2015, 14:45 GMT-4
It seems you are having trouble coupling the gaussian pulse inside the waveguide. There are to many possible causes. Can you upload the model so we can look at it?

cheers,
Felipe
It seems you are having trouble coupling the gaussian pulse inside the waveguide. There are to many possible causes. Can you upload the model so we can look at it? cheers, Felipe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.