Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to call the post processing data(in matlab environment) from a particular coordinate?

Dr. Sreedhar Unnikrishnakurup

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hai all,

I have a 3D geometry and I run the Transient Heat Transfer Finite element problem in the comsol GUI environment. Also I did some post processing in GUI environment. I then save the file as .m file and opened it in matlab.

I want to call the temperature solution at a coordinate point in matlab interface. I am struggling to find out the function to do this.

Can anybody help me to find out the function that give me the time temperature history matrix?

3 Replies Last Post 4 lug 2010, 09:00 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 giu 2010, 00:39 GMT-4
Hi

In v 3.5 I suppose you want to use the posteval or postinterp (evaluate or interpolate postprocessing, but for the exact calling sequence I have to rebuild them each time from the doc, slightly complex, as there are many options.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi In v 3.5 I suppose you want to use the posteval or postinterp (evaluate or interpolate postprocessing, but for the exact calling sequence I have to rebuild them each time from the doc, slightly complex, as there are many options. Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 giu 2010, 09:22 GMT-4
Thank you Ivar...

I tried to use this function..Not get any luck ..can you please elaborate this little more?

I saw the syntax for this. In that the variable v1,v 2 etc will give the temp time value right? But what we will give as input to this function like e1, e2, etc? What this means? From the help I think we have to enter some function or something in this field rt? I only want to call a variable that includes the time temperature values of a particular problem.

Thank you once again
Thank you Ivar... I tried to use this function..Not get any luck ..can you please elaborate this little more? I saw the syntax for this. In that the variable v1,v 2 etc will give the temp time value right? But what we will give as input to this function like e1, e2, etc? What this means? From the help I think we have to enter some function or something in this field rt? I only want to call a variable that includes the time temperature values of a particular problem. Thank you once again

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 lug 2010, 09:00 GMT-4
Hai all,

I got the solution. The syntax I used is Y=real(postinterp(xfem,'T',[x;y;z],'solnum','all'));

This will give the Y matrix with time temperature history at point(x,y,z). .

thanks to comsol support
Hai all, I got the solution. The syntax I used is Y=real(postinterp(xfem,'T',[x;y;z],'solnum','all')); This will give the Y matrix with time temperature history at point(x,y,z). . thanks to comsol support

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.