Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with importing data into excel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

once again I'm facing some troubles.

When I export data (for example from a 1D plot) as a text file and open it with Excel, the values are kind of bugged.
The original data from comsol contains numbers, for example: 350.2382739 and in Excel it looks sth like 3.50.2382.7.39

It shows the same number, but there are appearing dots in my numbers.
How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help

1 Reply Last Post 9 apr 2015, 07:47 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 9 apr 2015, 07:47 GMT-4
first of all u should export the file in *.csv or *.dat then it can easily be open in exel or anywhere u want????
plzz give your feedback does it help u or not??
first of all u should export the file in *.csv or *.dat then it can easily be open in exel or anywhere u want???? plzz give your feedback does it help u or not??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.