Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Find another typo in Software Document

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

COMSOL Engineers,

Find another typo here in
SemiconductorModuleUsersGuide.pdf

Version 5.0

Page 25, the equation of the Debye Length is wrong, the unit does not match up!

k_B T / q has unit of volt

epsilon_0 / N has unit of Fm^2

You multiply them together you get VFm^2 which is also Cm^2, take the square root of that you should get sqrt(C)*m--this is not the unit of the length.

I bet it is not q in the equation, but q^2!

2 Replies Last Post 8 apr 2015, 13:44 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 8 apr 2015, 13:38 GMT-4
Hello Robert,
Can I invite you -and anyone else who finds a suspected typo in the documentation- to contact COMSOL's support team at support@comsol.com. The Discussion Forum is not intended as a way to contact them.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Robert, Can I invite you -and anyone else who finds a suspected typo in the documentation- to contact COMSOL's support team at support@comsol.com. The Discussion Forum is not intended as a way to contact them. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 8 apr 2015, 13:44 GMT-4
Thanks for the reply. I have been reading the docs intensively and I would also like someone to help me as well.
Thanks for the reply. I have been reading the docs intensively and I would also like someone to help me as well.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.